Friday, January 16, 2009

Walking!

Ruby is officially a walker! She walks pretty much all of the time now unless she falls getting to her destination, then she'll crawl the rest of the way. I love this time when they toddle back and forth, and seem to be so pleased with themselves for mastering a new skill. I don't so much love the next phase that I know is coming....
the "get-into-everything-that-I-can-before-you-can-stop-me" phase.
She's also been eating an awful lot lately, probably due to the walking. She's eating as much as, if not more than, Jack. Some of her favorite things are macaroni and cheese, bananas, grapes, chocolate, and sour cream. She knows about eight different signs that are starting to become helpful in communicating. Most of them are signs for different animals (she still loveslovesloves animals), but she also knows the signs for "more", "all done", and "nurse".
And, of course, she is still as silly as ever.

No comments: