Tuesday, January 06, 2009

lazy days

I used one of my Christmas presents for the first time the other day and made some homemade yogurt, which I love. I've been making it in my oven, but it turned out much better in the yogurt maker. Unfortunately, I didn't have any granola to eat it with! My favorite recipe calls for butter, and I didn't have any on hand. Never fear! I went to the store for butter yesterday and was able to make the granola today. You know you're craving something when you take two little kids to the grocery store just for butter. But a big bowl of yogurt and granola with honey drizzled on the top is totally worth it.
Another Christmas present that I've been anxious to try out (since seeing it here and here and here) is the book Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day. The idea is that you spend a few minutes mixing basic ingredients (yeast, flour, salt, water) together, store a whole bunch of dough in the fridge, then cut off a hunk when you want to bake it. It really is super-easy, and I always love a bread recipe that doesn't involve kneading and rising and kneading and rising. The bread is super-delicious, and I have to keep myself from eating the whole loaf in a day.


No comments: