Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Berrien County Fair 2008

We had a great time at the fair this year.  We ate way too many fried foods, including the elephant ear that Jack is eating in the picture above.  This was the first time that he's really scarfed down an elephant ear-- the other times that he's tried one he's just picked at it.  He loves them now!
Ruby didn't have an elephant ear, but she was pretty darn happy anyway.  She absolutely loved seeing all of the animals.  She's really into animals lately.  She screeches whenever she sees one-- whether it's a picture, on television, or in person.  Her favorite seemed to be the poultry barn.  I'm not sure who was louder, the screeching roosters or Ruby.  
There was a free circus that we went to one of the evenings.  It was Jack's first circus, and he really enjoyed it.  I had a lot of fun, too.  Those tight-rope walkers had me holding me breath and clapping like a kid.  Ruby screamed at the elephants in the background the whole time.  Overall, a great two days spent at the fair.  Next year I'll try to eat a little less fried food-- not only did I end up with a belly ache, but it's darn expensive!  And I can't keep fooling myself with the fried vegetables dipped in ranch dressing.  Note to self:  just because they started out their lives as vegetables doesn't make them healthy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i laughed out loud when i saw the pic of jack with the corn dog. hilarious.