Thursday, March 20, 2008

Three

Today you are three years old.  There are so many things that you love to do-- paint, bake cookies, play with your sister, and anything that has to do with Spiderman.  You love playing pretend, your imagination is endless.   Everyone loves your cute, high-pitched voice.  You have an amazing amount of enthusiasm, and your voice just adds to it.  

You love to get your hair cut by George.  You always talk about your "best friends"-- Livi, Lanie, Henry, William, Owen, the list is endless...  I love that you are so light that I can still carry you around.  Boy, do you love snuggles.  You ask for snuggles about a dozen times a day, especially when you are tired.  I've never heard a kid say "I love you" as often as you do.  Actually, it's usually "I love you so much" or "I love you all day".  It will be a sad day when you decide that you are too old for that.

I still remember the few minutes after the NICU doctor told me that you had to have chest tubes put in to repair the hole that had developed in your lung.  He said that he had done the procedure many times, but of course there were serious risks involved.  I was so scared.  It was the first moment in that whole experience that I stopped and thought, "my baby might not be okay".  I can't imagine the past three years without you, and I am so excited anticipating the rest of my lifetime with you.

No comments: